Wednesday, November 5, 2025

About Persia and Iran

First stop was when I learned that there were 44% of global population under Darius' Persia, it was a significant number of population and a great feat could be achieved by such a flourishing nation. The palace they built was magnificent, showing a variety of cultures and religions accepted in the Persian empire. It was a great time for the communication of middle-eastern region and birth place of great philosophers/ mathematicians.


The second stop I had was when I read that their buildings were burnt in wars and their knowledges were lost in the fire. It was a truly devastating event, both for civilians' lives and scholarly discoveries. There could be many innovative discoveries in there that could advance our technology, or save much of the research time we spent building foundations of many other subjects. War is a menace to lives and knowledge, we could benefit so much if less war happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

342A Unit planning + 3 lessons

  EDCP 342A Unit planning: Rationale and overview for planning a unit of work in secondary school mathematics Your name: Yikang Zong School,...